I made quite a few adjustments to the original tutorial, for better or worse. I was a bit hasty in cutting the original pieces of material, and they were not quite big enough. Solution – I kept the front piece and decided to do 2 panels for the back, with the zipper in the middle instead of the side. This also changed how I did the hem strips, but they worked out okay. The very back has a hook and eye that is very crooked, but will hardly be noticed (I hope). Here are a couple of pics of me wearing it.
Thanks for looking and playing along. I may try this style of skirt again, but I am not sure all the work is worth it just to avoid a hem. I really don’t mind hemming. Next, I will be working on a circle skirt – I bought a really playful polka dot silk charmeuse for it, and I can’t wait. My hubby is out of town this weekend, so it will probably be quite craft-acular!
Until next time!