In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for a great many things in my life. I have been very fortunate to always be surrounded by people who love and support me. Here is a list/note to all the people I love:
1. I am thankful to wake up every morning next to an amazing husband – you support all of my crazy endeavors, crafty and otherwise, make me laugh, and are the best thing in the universe for me. You are my best friend and the person with whom I know I want to spend the rest of my life. You make me want to be the best version of myself I can be.
2. I am thankful to start every day with a sweet and adoring dog by my side. From the moment I wake up until I leave the house, our dog, Gus, is on my heels. He is so snuggly and likes to give kisses. When I am happy, he wags his tail with me. When I am down, he looks at me, and it reminds me that everything will be okay.
3. I am thankful for my mother – who raised me to be the person I am today. You were tough and resilient, resourceful and crafty. We always know you love us, and that you would do anything for us. You taught me how to crochet and how to sew. You taught me how to cook, and let me use your kitchen growing up (maybe even when I was too young to be doing anything but make a mess!). You are an inspiration to me, and to a great many people. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for us and other people.
4. I am thankful for my sisters – we are three girls that are different in many ways, but I could not love you guys more! You are always there for me, and I for you, whether it is for an all out bitch session, or just “to bagel” on a Saturday morning. We have an amazing bond and you are my best friends in the whole world. We laugh together; we cry together. We are at every important event of each others lives. I cannot imagine two better women to have in my life – I love you both so much!
5. I am thankful for my extended family – cousins, aunts, uncles, second cousins, once removeds, etc. I love that I have a family that gets together whenever we can and laughs! We enjoy each others company, and get along well. I am not sure all families can say that, and, although I know we are not perfect, I think we all love each other, and are here for each other.
6. I am thankful for my in-laws. All of them (and they are many!). You took me in to be a part of their family and have loved me and made me one of your own. You are kind and wonderful people who are fun to be around, and I am so fortunate that you are a part of my life.
7. I am thankful for my friends – You don’t even have to love me, but you do! I love you all too! I probably don’t say it enough, because we are all old enough that we don’t call each other all the time, or get together every weekend any more, but that doesn’t mean I don’t mean it. Thank you all for being a part of my life!
8. I am thankful to work with fantastic people. I work with some of the most inspiring teachers I could ever have imagined! People who genuinely care about the kids, about their craft, and about the art of teaching. There is a finesse to what they do that makes everyday at work meaningful to me, AND we have such a great time while we are doing it! Not only do the kids make me laugh every single day, but they people I work with make me laugh every single day.
9. I am thankful for the wonderful students I have. They are smart, hardworking and imaginative young people. They are funny – I always say that I laugh every day at work – and it’s true. They are creative, and it makes me happy to see the future of our world in such great hands. I once figured out that I interact with over 200 people a day (we have very large classes), and while that can be exhausting, it is also super rewarding! I am also thankful to the wonderful parents of these kids- who are raising them and supporting them, and helping them become remarkable young people.
10. I am thankful for my blog readers – When I started this blog, I was not sure if I would have anything to say. With your support, and readership, I feel like I do now, and you want to read it. That is astonishing to me! I had no idea that people from around the world would want to look at what I make, and what I have to say about it. On top of that, you always have the nicest things to say about it, and that encourages me to keep it going. Thank you for being a part of my internet family.
As you can see, most of all, I am thankful for the people in my life. I know how fortunate I am to have all of them, and I try not to take that for granted. I hope you remember all the people that are meaningful to you on this day. Happy Thanksgiving!